CCTSI is transforming discovery translational research by providing new resources, and integrating facilities and services, developing innovative research tools, catalyzing interdisciplinary research programs, and removing barriers to getting results. Investigators engage in the transformation through the key functions of Clinical Research Resources, Translational Informatics, the Network of Translational Technologies (NeTT), Child and Maternal Health (CMH), Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design (BERD), and Regulatory Knowledge and Support Core (RKSC).
From this site, you can Submit a Protocol for clinical investigation and learn about resources within the CCTSI available to facilitate clinical and translational research.
- Clinical Research Resources. Includes the network of Clinical Translational Research Centers (CTRCs) with their associated laboratory, protocol handling, nutritional and nursing services.
- Translational Informatics. Includes the Research Informatics Integrated Core (RIIC) - the first attempt to bridge and standardize research informatics infrastructure and new technology across our Schools, campuses and Affiliates.
- Research Studio Program - Collaborative Expert Research Consultation. The Studio Program offers a dynamic and integrative way of increasing and improving the quality of clinical and translational research. A Studio session is a structured and collaborative roundtable discussion bringing together relevant research experts to help investigators with specific questions at a specific stage in the research process.
- Affiliated Laboratories & Imaging Services (NeTT). Includes resources for Biobanking, Human and Small Animal Imaging and Microscopy, Vector Design and Murine Modeling, Gene Expression & Microarray Analysis, Proteomics, Experimental Pharmacology, Lipidomics, and Mutation Detection & Genotyping.
- Child and Maternal Health Research. Supports one of the top child health research programs in the nation, facilitating lifespan research - from pre-conception through childhood.
- Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design (BERD). Provides biostatistical consultation and collaboration to investigators and trainees across the CCTSI campuses and affiliated hospitals.
- Regulatory Knowledge and Support Core (RKSC). Includes assistance in managing the complexities of research regulatory compliance.